This Training has been Canceled
Inner Freedom Yoga Musculo-skeletal Ailments Training
This training is for anyone who wants to learn to help people with musculoskeletal issues and limitations in the classroom or in a private setting.
Course dives deeper into anatomy and alignment through refined observation skills and exploratory practices. You’ll learn to assess postural imbalances and know what to do about them through asana and hands-on techniques. Instructors will share from their immense training in yoga therapeutics from attending several yoga therapy trainings with John Friend, Anusara’s founder, as well as their unique perspectives and tools based on Anatomy Trains® and Kinesis Myofascial Structural Integration (KMI) work of Tom Myers (Patrick) and Hanna Somatic Education® (Robyn). 23 CEU credits with Yoga Alliance available.
- 6 Therapeutic Asana classes with hand-outs covering: Lower Backs, Hips, Sacrum; Upper Backs, Neck, Shoulders; Neck & Jaw; Knees, Ankles, Feet; Elbows, Wrists, Hands; Chest and Neck – These sequences will be included and discussed.
- Discussion of common musculoskeletal ailments and their sources
- 3 Therapeutic Meditation and Pranayama sessions
- Postural assessment and body reading skills from the Anatomy Trains® system of Tom Myers
- Hands-on techniques for musculoskeletal restrictions
- Free time to play in the river or visit the ocean
- 3 catered organic vegetarian meals
- Fun evening activities
This training takes place during the Self-Healing River Yoga Retreat and meets for several additional hours during the retreat weekend.
Prerequisite: Completion of Anusara Alignment Intensive or completion of or enrollment in an Anusara Immersion or any 200-hour Teacher Training or other complimentary training in body work and basic understanding of Anusara Yoga’s alignment principles.
Required Reading: Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual sections on alignment